7501 Muncaster Mill Rd.
Job Title: Lead Pastor
- Preaches, Teaches and Oversees Sunday Worship Services
- Demonstrated commitment to expositional preaching faithfully adhering to the Word of God
- Demonstrated experience in the planning and execution of Sunday worship services
- Experience in developing, casting and strategically implementing vision for the church is essential
- Elements of vision:
- Leads the church in their understanding and application of God’s word
- Leads a multi-ethnic community that is committed to biblical fellowship and discipleship
- Casts vision and mobilizes the church for the advancement of the gospel both locally and abroad
- Demonstrated affirmation and experience in working with a plurality of elders by:
- Leading, discipling and caring for other elders
- Equipping and encouraging other elders in caring for the congregation
- Demonstrated commitment to lead with humility, accountability and compassion
- Maintains a healthy, growing relationship with Jesus Christ as an example to the church.
- Must meet and maintain the qualifications of an elder (1 Timothy 3:2-7, Titus 1:6-9, 1 Peter 5:1-4).
- Must fully agree with and support CLC’s Statement of Faith.
- Demonstrated heart for the lost.
- Dedicated to devoting time each week to personal prayer and Bible study.
- Develops and maintains an exemplary relationship with his wife and children.
- Sets a personal example for the church to model in worshiping God, loving others, and making disciples of Jesus Christ.
- Demonstrated commitment to biblical fellowship in community.
- Experience in a large church context of 800+ members is required.
- 10 + years in full-time ministry required.
- Must support CLC’s affiliation with the Gospel Coalition.
- Masters level theological training desired.
- Candidates should demonstrate a commitment to ongoing personal and theological education (conferences, seminars, personal study, etc.).
- Reformed in regard to soteriology and doctrine of God, but credo Baptist with regard to baptism
- Affirms the doctrine of inerrancy as expressed in the Chicago Statement (http://www.alliancenet.org/the-chicago-statement-on-biblical-inerrancy)
- Complementarian in regard to gender roles, as presented in the Danvers Statement (http://cbmw.org/core-beliefs/
- Continuationist in understanding of the work of the Holy Spirit, as presented by Wayne Grudem in chapters 52 and 53 Gifts of the Holy Spirit (1) and (2) of Systematic Theology
- Affirms the Manhattan Declaration in regards to the following three vital cultural/social/political issues: Sanctity of Life, Dignity of Marriage and Freedom of Religion (http://www.manhattandeclaration.org/#0)
- Affirms the historical Adam in regards to Creation
Please send a cover letter and résumé with references to Amy Kriz (email@example.com) in Covenant Life’s Human Resource department. Church phone: 301-869-2800.