722 Seminole Ave
Job Title: Senior Pastor
Job Description: Grace Church in Osceola is seeking the man that God would call to shepherd our congregation. We are seeking a pastor/elder as laid out in 1 Timothy 3:1-7 and Titus 1:7-9, a man with a passion for God, who would have a desire to have Him known in our valley, who will lead the members of the church into closer relationship with Him, and who stands firm on God’s word.
- Have a strong vision for God’s will and plan in the Osceola valley
- Preaching Sunday morning services
- Lead and teach classes for new members
- Oversee adult Sunday School classes, both teachers and curriculum
- Perform communion regularly and baptisms as needed
- Be available for hospital and home visitations
- Be available for necessary counseling for church members
- Oversee the relationship between Above All Beginnings Child Care and Grace Church
- Passion for Ministry – Be committed to the inspiration, authority, and sufficiency of the Word of God. Serve as an example and lead the congregation to greater personal and corporate evangelism efforts. Be a man of prayer who will inspire and deepen both the congregation’s corporate and personal prayer lives.
- Passion for Worship – Instill a sense of corporate worship throughout the entire Sunday morning service. Have a deep and abiding longing for men and women to daily call upon the name of the Lord throughout the entirety of their lives.
- Equip Members for the Work of Ministry – Work with men and women identifying spiritual gifts and helping them to use those gifts to further the work of the Great Commission. Disciple individuals in God’s Word and in their spiritual walk to “grow in the grace and knowledge of our Lord and Savior Jesus Christ” (2 Peter 3:18)
- Identify and Develop Leaders – Identify members whose spiritual gifts would fit a specific need within the church. Develop Godly men to serve as deacons and elders within the church. Serve alongside other elders to set a clear vision for the church. Encourage the development of a women’s ministry leader.
- Administrative Leadership – Assist in forming a reasonable and faithful budget each year, and have a sense of fiscal responsibility. Working with elders and deacons, prayerfully identifying goals for the church and developing the steps necessary to implement them. Oversee all ministries within the church. Setup and run monthly Deacon/Elder meetings and quarterly ministry council meetings.
- Biblical Training – Prefer Bible college/seminary training
- Biblical Qualifications – As laid out in 1 Timothy 3:1-7 and Titus 1:7-9
- Doctrine – Full agreement with the Church’s faith statements (see “What We Believe” page on church websitewww.gracechurchosceola.com)
- Please share if you have any experience with Daycare and/or work with young children and families.
Information about the Church:
We are broken people, being made new in Christ, overflowing with gratitude and poured out for others.
We believe that the Bible is the inspired word of God, and recognize the need for, and importance of, solid expository Biblical preaching and teaching (2 Timothy 3:16-17).
We believe that Jesus came to seek and save the lost (Luke 19:10), and that His church is commanded to passionately do likewise (Matthew 28:19-20). As such, the goal of every ministry in our church is to reach the unchurched through love in our community, present the gospel, equip them in biblical principles, and add them to the church. Secondly, we support worldwide evangelistic missionaries (Acts 1:8).
We believe that personal growth within the church occurs best through discipleship (2 Timothy 2:2), and that everybody needs a “Paul”, “Barnabas”, and “Timothy” in his or her life.
We believe that real ministry occurs in small groups.
Ultimately, we believe in the supremacy and sovereignty of God, and that all of our efforts are to bring Him glory (1 Corinthians 10:31).
CORE STAFF / LEADERS
- Senior Pastor/Elder
- Child Care Director
- Above All Beginnings Child Care Board
- Ministry Council (Pastor, Elders, Deacons, other ministry leaders)
We are located at 722 Seminole Avenue in scenic Osceola, Wisconsin, on the St. Croix River a short drive north of Stillwater, and the Twin Cities. Our building is home to our church services and activities, as well as a full-time day care during the week. Above All Beginnings Child Care currently serves approximately 120 children infant through school-age during the week. Such use requires constant upkeep, and we are blessed with dedicated volunteer members who serve regularly on our maintenance and setup teams.
- 9338 foot facility built in 199
- 3726 square foot sanctuary/multi-purpose facility that can seat up to 200 people
- 2.24 acre property
- Multiple classrooms
- Modern instruments, sound and lighting system
- Large outdoor playground
- Full kitchen
- Sunday Worship Service (9:00 am) Adult Small Groups
- Sunday School (all ages)
- Children’s Worship
- Support local area MOPS/MOMs® Next
- Sportsman’s Taste Outreach opportunity
- 1 on 1 Discipleship
- Shepherding a Child’s Heart Parenting Class
- Above All Beginnings Child Care
- Divorce Care
- Grace @ Work (Community service projects)
- Financial Peace University® Softball Team
- Children’s music program
- Valentine’s Dinner
Worship music includes God exalting contemporary music from a mix of modern and traditional songs. Sermons include solid expository preaching with occasional topical series. Children’s church and nursery are provided by volunteer Grace family teachers.
Our church family was founded in the mid 1800’s and consists of servant members from all stages of spiritual maturity. Currently 88% of members are involved in a ministry of the church.
Average Sunday Worship attendance for 2014: 75
Average Sunday Bible Study attendance for 2014: 64 (57% adults; 50% Men, 50% Women)
Active Members: 58
Grace Church agrees with the doctrinal statements and positions of Converge Great Lakes and Converge Worldwide (BGC).