201 N. Main St.
Job Title: Associate Pastor
- Basic Requirements
- Holding a Masters of Divinity degree (or equivalent) with minimum of 5+ years of full-time pastoral experience performing the duties of an elder in a local church
- Meeting the Elder Qualifications as outlined in 1 Timothy 3 / Titus 1, and willing to function as such
- In gifting and ability able to serve in the capacity of Senior Pastor in ministering in all facets of the local church, yet willing to function in a supporting role, fulfilling similar and complementary duties to the Senior Pastor
- Personally agree to the theological positions represented in the Doctrinal Statement of The Bible Church of Owasso, and the practical ministry positions taking in various Position Statements.
- Agree to minister in full submission to the church Constitution and the decisions of the Elder Board.
- Position Description
- Function cooperatively with elders, deacons, pastors, and lay leaders at The Bible Church of Owasso under the direct supervision of the Senior Pastor to fulfill the specific biblical responsibilities of a New Testament elder in this local church as directed by the Board of Elders, namely...
- Accurately dividing and boldly expositing the Scriptures (2 Tim 2:14-15; 4:2)
- Equipping the Body through both teaching and training in areas of biblical knowledge and practical skills necessary for living the Christian life (Eph 4:11-16)
- Personally proclaiming the gospel publicly and privately (Acts 20:20-21; 2 Tim 4:5)
- Being an example to the Flock in all things (1 Peter 5:3; 1 Cor 11:1, Phil3:17, 1 Tim 4:12)
- Patiently and carefully disciple, correct, admonishes, encourage, and help fellow leaders and members (Acts20:31; 1 Thess 5:14; 2 Tim 2:24-26)
- Personally / proactively guard the church from the error of unprincipled men (Acts 20:28; 2 Peter 3:17)
- Being devoted to prayer (Acts 6:4, Col 4:2)
- Lead Adult Flock Group - primary teacher, responsible for teaching plan, coordinate and exercise spiritual care, delegation to lay leaders, pastoral counseling, etc. for 30-100 adult members
- Prepare and Teach Sunday PM (~ every other week)
- Leadership Oversight of a segment of the lay-led ministries of the Church, including helping lay leaders form goals, implementation plans, and providing resources & accountability
- Pastoral Counseling – from recognition, assessment, formulating a plan, purposeful meetings, follow-up (as needs arise in the Flock group or church at large)
- Pastoral Visitation – purposefully and systematically (men, widows, elderly, hospital, newcomers)
- Personal Discipleship / Shepherding of individuals / small groups, formally and informally
- Train (formally & informally) fellow leaders in biblical knowledge and practical ministry skill
- Proactively engage with other staff pastors by identifying, assessing, and resolving existing and upcoming ministry needs (with both strategic ideas and / or well-formulated concrete proposals)
- Assist Sr. Pastor in fulfillment of his duties and responsibilities, as required
- Preach / Lead publicly when Sr. Pastor is out (whether periodically or extended period)
- Contribute significantly to the accomplishment of the church’s ministry goals, plans, and tasks, including Sunday ministry, leadership meetings, special projects, etc.
- Willing to participate in local Church Planting efforts, either in support or direct involvement.
Information about the Church:
The Bible Church of Owasso is a growing and joy-filled non-denominational church in a suburban setting 10 minutes outside the Tulsa metro area. BCO began in 2007 as a purposeful church plant from a healthy church in Tulsa, and has grown to over 350 people of diverse backgrounds and spiritual maturity. We are an elder-led and congregationally-engaged church with a high view of Scripture and a growing obedience to Christ. We recognize that our worship of Christ involves reaching into our community and the world with gospel-saturated ministry and personally holy lives.