470 Elm Street
Windsor Locks, CT
Job Title: Senior Pastor
The members of Calvary Baptist Church are looking for a biblically-qualified pastor who will shepherd us in a biblical manner (1 Timothy 3:1-7; Titus 1:5-9; 1 Peter 5:1-3; 2 Timothy 2:15-17; 2 Timothy 2:22-25). The mission of Calvary Baptist Church is to lead others in Windsor Locks, North Hartford County, and beyond to faith in Christ and growth in Christlikeness for the glory and enjoyment of God. We aim to be a church that constantly prays in dependence on the Lord in all things. We purpose to disciple each member of our church unto Christlikeness through Bible studies, Sunday school, small groups, and authentic fellowship in order to develop mature believers who will think rightly about Christ, His Word, and follow after Him. We desire to exercise our spiritual gifts according to how the Lord has equipped us for ministry that we may be a healthy, loving, and God-honoring body. By God’s grace, we strive to be servant-hearted by placing others before ourselves both inside and outside the church. We want our love for God to grow and desire our hearts to eagerly worship Him in spirit and truth individually, within our families, and corporately. We seek a pastor who will help us realize all of the above through his praying, preaching, teaching, admonition, exhortation, and example.
Doctrinal and Practical Distinctives:
The members of Calvary Baptist Church hold to the Doctrines of Grace (i.e. the five points of Calvinism) and a premillennial view of the End Times. Our doctrinal statement is based on the New Hampshire Baptist Confession of Faith (1833). While we believe that there are some occasions when a pastor may need to preach thematically to address certain pertinent topics, we believe strongly in the primacy of Christ-centered, expository preaching. Therefore, we desire a pastor who will primarily preach verse-by-verse expositionally through books of the Bible.
- Educational requirements: A minimum of Master of Divinity [M.Div.] is required. A Master of Theology [Th.M.] or Doctor of Philosophy [Ph.D.] is highly preferred
- Pastoral experience: Five+ years of full-time, vocational ministry.
- Family requirements: Married (with children preferred).
- Skill/Gifting requirements: Expository preaching (this should require a considerable amount of time and energy), teaching, administration, counseling, exhortation, and a desire to be with and know the sheep well.
Information about the Church:
We currently hold a 9:30 a.m. Sunday School hour split into two-three adult classes and age-based, children’s classes as well as two worship services (10:45 a.m. and 6:00 p.m.) each Lord’s Day. Also, we have a 7:00 p.m. Wednesday prayer service which is replaced once a month with small group meetings in the homes of various members at various times throughout that week.
Current number of members: 78 (all members are above age 20)
- Sunday School attendance: Approximately 70-80
- Morning service attendance: Approximately 105-115
- Evening service attendance: Approximately 65-75
- Wednesday service attendance: Approximately 55-65
- Small groups attendance (during small groups’ week): Approximately 50-60 adults and 30-40 children
- Windsor Locks is a suburb of Hartford, CT
- Our church is located one and a half miles from Bradley International Airport.
- Demographic information for our town, county, and state can be found here: http://www.cerc.com/TownProfiles/Customer-Images/windsorlocks.pdf
Application/Contact Information: Please send your personal doctrinal statement and philosophy of ministry statement (if possible) along with your résumé to the chairman of our search committee, Al Aldrich:email@example.com.